Saturday, November 24, 2012

$100 Bills



 A new idea for many of us to wrap our heads around is that majority of the money circulating around the economy is $100 bills, there is almost 80% of the currency now days is $100 bills. This is a very eye catching topic; I saw it and had to read more. I was taken back a little bit because I would never have thought that, there are some many bills that people use and $100 bills are not the ones you see the most of.  Could you imagine how many $100 bills that is? They also stated that many of these bills are overseas, not even in the U.S.. Around 25 % of these bills are overseas in the hands of people in economies whose money is not as strong as the U.S.. I find it odd that majority of our money is not even the hands of U.S. citizens. to me that doesn't seem right when we have people here that need and can actually use that money, versus other people just hoarding it just in case. This definitely gives me new insight to some more aspects of money and economies.


http://www.marketplace.org/topics/business/more-100-bills-circulation-ever

No comments:

Post a Comment